nanog mailing list archives

Re: Colocation providers and ACL requests

From: Mike Gatti <ekim.ittag () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 09:42:10 -0700

I tend to disagree somewhat, you really have to put some context around the request and convey that to your provider.
If the request is "please help me block this DDoS traffic so that I can contact the source as it's impacting my ability
to do business" I think that is a reasonable request as long as it's not a permanent solution. I have worked through
similar incidents in some datacenter in Northern Virginia (Sterling, Ashburn) and all of them accommodated that request
at no cost.

--
Michael Gatti
ekim.ittag () gmail com