nanog mailing list archives

Re: Colocation providers and ACL requests

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:37:23 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keegan Holley" <keegan.holley () sungard com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keegan Holley" <keegan.holley () sungard com>

I'm assuming colo means hosting, and the OP misspoke. Most colo
providers
don't provide active network for colo (as in power and rack only)
customers.

Most?

I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule. It's better than "YMMV".

Perhaps I look at a different category of colo provider, then, but I'm
accustomed to seeing it be well up into double-digit percentage of the ones
I've ever looked at.

"Hosting", to me, means "provider's hardware", not just "local blended bandwidth".

Cheers,
-- jr 'so many things are just me' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com