nanog mailing list archives

Re: General Internet Instability

From: Joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 08:52:51 -0800

On 11/7/11 08:37 , Jared Mauch wrote:

On Nov 7, 2011, at 11:27 AM, Richard Golodner wrote:

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 11:09 -0500, Todd Snyder wrote:
Can anyone point to any authoritative updates about this?

     I think Jared's suggestion was about as close as your going to get for
right now. Look at the size of the files he mentioned as compared to the
average size of the others.
     Hopefully someone will come forth with an authoritative answer later
today.
     Richard Golodner

One can do some analysis of the files to determine what prefixes and autonomous
system neighbors were impacted.

I can do some of this as I have some other tools that quickly process this data
if people are interested.   Please send those replies/votes off list to me directly.

according to my peakflow the level-3 update spike was from ~1408 utc to
~1424 utc.

- Jared