nanog mailing list archives

Re: CSI New York fake IPv6

From: Paul Timmins <paul () telcodata us>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 01:35:50 -0400

Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
Is 127.0.0.1 / ::1 the Internet version of "555"?  Or will "I hurt myself, so now I'm going to sue you" mean we can't
even use that?
It'd be nice if TV producers even knew that not all of 555 was to be used for television shows*, let alone that there's an internet equivalent. Heck, it'd be nice if phone companies knew they weren't supposed to route all of 555 to information (Hi, Global Crossing). I can only assume it's some sort of "stupid tax" for people who dial crap they see on TV.

-Paul

* = http://www.nanpa.com/nas/public/form555MasterReport.do?method=display555MasterReport
Only the range of 0100-0199 is to be used for ficticious use