nanog mailing list archives

Re: Protocol-41 is not the only tunneling protocol (Re: Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day)

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:20:28 -0700

On Jun 3, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Jeroen Massar wrote:

On 2011-Jun-03 16:13, Cameron Byrne wrote:
On Jun 3, 2011 6:59 AM, "Tim Chown" <tjc () ecs soton ac uk> wrote:

On 3 Jun 2011, at 14:38, Jeroen Massar <jeroen () unfix org> wrote:

"IPv6 only" was the original plan of World IPv6 Day

It was?

No. I think there is confusion with ipv6 hour that happens at ietf where
they turn off ipv4 for an hour on the conference wifi. Ipv6 day was never
about turning v4 off

No confusion there, there was an earlier plan to do an IPv6-only stint,
but that was withdrawn as it would have caused too much amok in the world.

Greets,
Jeroen

FIrst I've heard of such a thing. The original organizers of W6D have zero
motivation to try such a thing and I can't imagine why they would even
consider it for more than a picosecond.

Owen