nanog mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day

From: Tim Chown <tjc () ecs soton ac uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 10:23:13 +0100

On 3 Jun 2011, at 10:13, Owen DeLong wrote:

As I said before, provide pointers to resources where users can follow up on actually
resolving the issues. Their ISP, their IT department, web pages with additional
information on how to diagnose the problem, etc.

I would guess a typical user will call their local helpdesk or ISP first if they have problems. They won't have a clue
that Google or Facebook are down or slow due to IPv6 connectivity issues.

In which case MS providing a syskb entry for those support people to point the user at seems pretty reasonable.

One major MS site has gone dual-stack this morning btw :)

Tim