nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is NAT can provide some kind of protection?

From: Jim Gettys <jg () freedesktop org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 09:23:57 -0500

On 01/16/2011 03:00 AM, Mark Smith wrote:

Can we *please* stop this pointless thread?

I don't think it pointless to network operators - NAT or not has
operational impacts on troubleshooting, network design, addressing plans
etc. I understand you aren't a network operator, so if you're not
interested perhaps you should unsubscribe.

I'm sorry; it is the piece of the thread about whether network operators are going to hand out only single IP addresses in IPv6 that had got my goat. I should have made that clear.

                   - Jim