nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Sanitization

From: John Orthoefer <jco () direwolf com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:58:24 -0500

Really the only way to to clean devices with flash is to destroy the flash.   At a very least you'll need to reflash
them with the current OS.

Here is a copy of the DOD Guidelines for every thing...
http://it.ouhsc.edu/policies/documents/infosecurity/DoD_5220.pdf

The flash answer is to use something to write to EVERY address, then erase, or just pulverize it.

johno