nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level 3's IRR Database

From: ML <ml () kenweb org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 18:30:47 -0500

On 1/30/2011 4:53 PM, Brandon Butterworth wrote:
I think it is too early in the deployment process to start dropping
routes based on RPKI alone. We'll get there at some point, I guess.

Do we really *want* to get to that point?

I thought that was the point and the goal of securing the routing
infrastructure is laudable. But the voices in my head say don't trust
them with control of your routes, see what happened in Egypt.

brandon

I would hope the response to the USG pressuring ARIN to diddle the RPKI db would be disabling of RPKI queries by most BGP speakers.