nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level 3's IRR Database

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <carlosm3011 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:06:05 -0200

I think we just don't know (yet) how people are going to apply RPKI. If
I were operating a large network today, I would try to run RPKI in a
sort of warning-only mode, i.e. getting some sort of alert if an invalid
route was detected.

While this wouldn't have prevented YouTube's incident, it would probably
have shortened the recovery period.

I think it is too early in the deployment process to start dropping
routes based on RPKI alone. We'll get there at some point, I guess.

cheers

Carlos