nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level 3's IRR Database

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 20:47:06 +0000

On 30/01/2011 17:39, Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo wrote:
The solution to this problem (theoretical at least) already exist in
the form of RPKI.

So, what are peoples' routing policies on RPKI going to be? Are people going to drop prefixes with no RPKI record? Or drop prefixes with an incorrect RPKI record? Or drop prefixes with a revoked status?

I'm concerned that if we're trying to avoid another Youtube affair, the RPKI policy acceptability criteria will have to be so strict that this may have a serious effect on overall reachability via the internet.

Nick