nanog mailing list archives

Re: [arin-announce] ARIN Resource Certification Update

From: Joe Abley <jabley () hopcount ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:06:54 -0500

On 2011-01-24, at 20:59, Danny McPherson wrote:

On Jan 24, 2011, at 8:48 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

And now that DNSSEC is deployed

and you are not sharing what you are smoking

root and .arpa are signed, well on the way, particularly relative
to RPKI.

Incremental cost of signing in-addr.arpa using a deployed DNS
system as opposed to continuing development, deployment and
operationalizing and dealing with all the political issues with
deploying a new RPKI system -- hrmm.

IN-ADDR.ARPA will be signed relatively soon, as part of the work described here:

  http://in-addr-transition.icann.org/

Timeline to follow, here and other similar lists, some time relatively soon. But I'm curious about your thoughts on the
case I mentioned in my last message. I don't think the existence of a secure delegation chain from the root down to
operator of the last sub-allocated address block is all that is required, here.

Joe