nanog mailing list archives

Re: [arin-announce] ARIN Resource Certification Update

From: Danny McPherson <danny () tcb net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:59:35 -0500

On Jan 24, 2011, at 8:48 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

And now that DNSSEC is deployed

and you are not sharing what you are smoking

root and .arpa are signed, well on the way, particularly relative
to RPKI.

Incremental cost of signing in-addr.arpa using a deployed DNS
system as opposed to continuing development, deployment and
operationalizing and dealing with all the political issues with
deploying a new RPKI system -- hrmm.

And again, I'm not opposed to RPKI and know we REQUIRE
number resource certification before we can secure the routing
system.  I just don't like the notion of deploying a brand new
system with data that at the end of the day is going to look an
awful lot like the existing in-addr.arpa delegation system that's
deployed, and introduce new hierarchical shared dependencies
that don't exist today.  Keep it simple?

-danny