nanog mailing list archives

Re: Using IPv6 with prefixes shorter than a /64 on a LAN

From: Tim Franklin <tim () pelican org>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 15:23:24 +0000 (GMT)

I think ULA is still useful for home networks. If the home router guys
properly generate the ULA dynamically, it should stop conflicts within
home networking. There's something to be said for internal services
which ULA can be useful for, even when you do fall off the net.

I really, *really* expect my CPE router *not* to remove global addresses from the LAN interface(s) when the link to the
Internet goes down.  My internal services should go on working with their global addresses.  This is how my tunneled
IPv6 works today.

Am I being an unreasonable engineer in this respect?

Regards,
Tim.