nanog mailing list archives

Re: Using IPv6 with prefixes shorter than a /64 on a LAN

From: TJ <trejrco () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:39:28 -0500

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 08:11, Jamie Bowden <jamie () photon com> wrote:

Our classified networks aren't ever going to be connected to anything
but themselves either, and they need sane local addressing.  Some of
them are a single room with a few machines, some of them are entire
facilities with hundreds of machines, but none of them are going to be
talking to a router or anything upstream, as neither of those exist on
said networks.

Correct me if I am wrong, but won't Classified networks will get their
addresses IAW the DoD IPv6 Addressing Plan (using globals)?
/TJ