nanog mailing list archives

Re: [arin-ppml] NAT444 rumors (was Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...)

From: Zed Usser <zzuser () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 00:41:08 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 2/19/11, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:
  Are you willing to bet that IPv4 address
exhaustion will not result in IPv6-only hosts before we run
out of meaningful IPv4-only hosts?
No, but, I am willing to bet that we will not meaningfully
make the situation better for those IPv4-only hosts or the IPv6-only
hosts attempting to reach them by any mechanism more efficient
than encouraging them to add IPv6 capability, whether or not
that happens after the fact.
  So, in essence, you are advocating not to interconnect the IPv4-only and IPv6-only domains in any way?

- Zed