nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

From: Jeroen van Aart <jeroen () mompl net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:46:24 -0800

On 02/09/2011 03:47 PM, George Bonser wrote:
I have yet to see a broadband provider that configures a network so that
individual nodes in the home network get global IPs.

The big providers probably categorise a static IP in their "enterprise/business" offerings. But both my provider here (Cruzio) as well as xs4all back in the Netherlands provide a static IP with configurable rDNS. For no fee or a minimal fee.

I guess it depends more on which type of provider you choose and their lousy el cheapo offerings. There are more providers than comcast, verizon and at&t. And I bet the majority of them are more knowledgeable (and less likely to do nasty things with your traffic).

Regards,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/