nanog mailing list archives

RE: next-best-transport! down with ethernet!

From: "Vitkovsky, Adam" <avitkovsky () emea att com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:55:25 +0100

Article by John Cramer says:

At the AQRTP Workshop we considered the question of whether quantum nonlocality was a possible medium for FTL
communication. In the context of standard quantum mechanics there is good reason for believing that it is not. Eberhard
has proved a theorem demonstrating that the outcomes of separated measurements of the same quantum system, correlated
by nonlocality though they are, cannot be used for FTL observer-to-observer communication. A possible loophole in
Eberhard's theorem could arise if, following the work of Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg, one modifies conventional
quantum mechanics by introducing a small non-linear element into the standard QM formalism. It has been shown that in
slightly non-linear quantum mechanics, the observable nonlinear effects that would arise would make possible FTL
communication through nonlocality.

The only possibility seem to be modificaiton to QM equations
So fingers crossed :)

adam