nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sad IPv4 story?

From: Philip Dorr <tagno25 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 21:43:11 -0800

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:
No Barry, I respectfully disagree.  It's almost 2012.  The first
predictions of IPv4 exhaustion were made *last century*.  We've been
predicting it to the month level for like 5 years now.  Any business
that is making business plans and models that doesn't take "we may not
get IPv4 space" into account and have a contingency plan for that
*deserves* to be soundly mocked and ridiculed in public.

mocking someone who shows up when the party is already over is not
overly kind or useful.  making clear to the world that the part is over
is more useful.

The party is not over, it is just moving from a house to a stadium,
with a large drive between.