nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sad IPv4 story?

From: Keegan Holley <keegan.holley () sungard com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 03:15:01 -0500

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 10, 2011, at 2:58 AM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:

I just had a personal email from a brand new ISP in the Asia-Pacific
area desperately looking for enough IPv4 to be able to run their
business the way they would likeā€¦

and we are supposed to be surprised or feel sorry?  you're kidding,
right?  they're lucky to be in a/p.  at least they can get a /22.

i especially like the "the way they would like" part.  the way i would
like to run my business is to go into the office every friday and scoop
up the cash that fell from the sky all week.

reality is such a pain in the ass.

randy

+1 aren't we way past all of the predicted exhaustion dates.  There are slot of as's that have ignored this.