nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sad IPv4 story?

From: Mark Blackman <mark () exonetric com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 20:57:22 +0000

On 9 Dec 2011, at 20:47, Benson Schliesser wrote:

On Dec 9, 2011, at 1:07 PM, Fred Baker wrote:

On Dec 9, 2011, at 10:37 AM, Franck Martin wrote:

I just had a personal email from a brand new ISP in the Asia-Pacific area desperately looking for enough IPv4 to be
able to run their business the way they would likeā€¦

This is just a data point.

We're going to be hearing a lot more of these. It's the nature of finite resources, and of human nature when faced
with them. At some point, this will find its way into courtrooms under the rubric of a barrier to entry. It already
has in terms of antitrust when a company wanted to move its PA prefix to different upstream.

I've had transit service pulled, so the provider can reclaim the /21 that was bundled with the transit.

- Mark