nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sad IPv4 story?

From: Fred Baker <fred () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:07:55 -0800

On Dec 9, 2011, at 10:37 AM, Franck Martin wrote:

I just had a personal email from a brand new ISP in the Asia-Pacific area desperately looking for enough IPv4 to be
able to run their business the way they would likeā€¦

This is just a data point.

We're going to be hearing a lot more of these. It's the nature of finite resources, and of human nature when faced with
them. At some point, this will find its way into courtrooms under the rubric of a barrier to entry. It already has in
terms of antitrust when a company wanted to move its PA prefix to different upstream.