nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 end user addressing

From: Michael Hare <michael.hare () doit wisc edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:16:07 -0500

On 8/10/2011 8:46 PM, William Herrin wrote:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Owen DeLong<owen () delong com>  wrote:
Someday, I expect the pantry to have a barcode reader on it connected back
a computer setup for the kitchen someday.  Most of us already use barcode
readers when we shop so its not a big step to home use.

Nah... That's short-term thinking. The future holds advanced pantries with
RFID sensors that know what is in the pantry and when they were manufactured,
what their expiration date is, etc.

And since your can of creamed corn is globally addressable, the rest
of the world knows what's in your pantry too. ;)

I can't believe no one has made a joke yet about a kernel.

Sorry for the bad joke,
-Michael

Regards,
Bill Herrin