nanog mailing list archives

RE: Did Internet Founders Actually Anticipate Paid,

From: Nathan Eisenberg <nathan () atlasnetworks us>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:38:04 +0000

Devil's Advocate here,

What would you say to ISP A that provided similar speeds as ISP B, but B took
payments from content providers and then provided the service for free?

Gives you the choice, ISP A, which costs, and ISP B, which is free, and most
people wouldn't know the difference.

~J

I would say that it's an interesting and unprecedented (to my knowledge) model.  Could be an interesting business plan.
 I'm not sure if it's realistically viable, and it's certainly a risky proposition, but it's definitely unusual.

Nathan