nanog mailing list archives

Re: Did Internet Founders Actually Anticipate Paid, Prioritized Traffic?

From: Joe Provo <nanog-post () rsuc gweep net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:50:21 -0400

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 01:40:10PM +0000, Julien Gormotte wrote:
On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:28:09 -0400, Rodrick Brown
<rodrick.brown () gmail com> wrote:
Its unrealistic to believe payment for priority access isn't going to
happen this model is used for many other outlets today I'm not sure why
so
many are against it when it comes to net access.

Because of net neutrality ?

Much like Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy, that's one of the many
"re-assurance" myths that one eventually abandons in the course
of maturing.

[cue endless thread of knee-jerk responses; can we just Godwin it
now please?]

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE