nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP port blocking practice

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 07:06:53 +0530

No.  It'd just increase a LOT, astronomically.

Something on the lines of turning a firehose of petrol on a wildfire

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:
i suspect that, if we opened smtp relays again, unblocked 25 for
consumer chokeband, etc., total spam received would likely increase a
bit.  but my guess, and i mean guess, is that the limiting parameter
could well be how many bots the perps can get, not how well those bots
are blocked.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)