nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 fc00::/7 ??? Unique local addresses

From: Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo <carlosm3011 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:03:55 -0200

Amen!

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org> wrote:

There are some folks (like me) who advocate a DHCPv6 that can convey
a default gateway AND the ability to turn off RA's entirely.  That
is make it work like IPv4.

I'd also love to turn off stateless autoconfig altogether and not be coerced
to assign /64s to single LANs, which I am becoming convinced that it was a
poor decision on the IETFs part.

Stateless autoconfig works very well, It would be just perfect if the
network boundary was configurable (like say /64 if you really want it,  or
/80 -  /96 for the rest of us)

cheers

Carlos

--