nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 fc00::/7 ??? Unique local addresses

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:06:54 -0500

On 10/22/2010 8:38 AM, Leo Bicknell wrote:
Unfortunately the folks in the IETF don't even want to listen, to the
point a working group chair when I tried to explain why I wanted such a
feater told the rest of the group "He's an operator and thus doesn't
understand how any of this works, ignore him."  That's when I gave up
on the IETF, and started working on my vendor for the solution.

It's popped around multiple times. The drafts won't stop until it's implemented. The lack of it in DHCPv6, despite obvious desire for it, seems to indicate a bias on the part of the IETF.

Here's a current draft http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dec-dhcpv6-route-option-05

Jack