nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast's Actions

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:22:34 -0500

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org> wrote:

No one will ever be in ratio compliance with an eyeball dominant
network.  Ever.   Period.  It's not possible via technology and
TOS.  Enforcing it as an eyeball network just forces content providers
to aquire eyeballs, e.g. compete with you.  That's bad business.

see craig's report from nanog47:
<http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog47/presentations/Monday/Labovitz_ObserveReport_N47_Mon.pdf>

not for a time has Comcast been solely an 'eye-ball' network... or so
they think.

-chris
(I don't disagree with leo's stance, though I'm not a peering person
so I really try never to know how all of that magic works)