nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast's Actions

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:01:48 -0800

On 11/29/2010 14:40, Rettke, Brian wrote:
Essentially, the question is who has to pay for the infrastructure to support the bandwidth requirements of all of
these new and booming streaming ventures. I can understand both the side taken by Comcast, and the side of the
content provider, but I don't think it's as simple as the slogans spewed out regarding "Net Neutrality", which has
become so misused and abused as a term that I don't think it has any credulous value remaining.

Is Level3 the content provider though? Or did Comcast just decide they
don't want to do the settlement free peering thing anymore for traffic
transiting via Level 3?

~Seth