nanog mailing list archives

RE: OT: VM slicing and dicing

From: Brandon Kim <brandon.kim () brandontek com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:28:43 -0500

Thanks guys for keeping this topic alive. =)

I'm leaning towards the opensource or at least the Xen side of things. I haven't yet fully evaluated vCloud Director
but I get the gut
feeling that anything "VMware" is going to be costly.

Is that a fair assumption?

The issue is that I'm looking for an application that is as turnkey as possible, even if it's a little bit more. That
"could" be vCloud Director, I don't know yet....

But I do know that if we have to invest in writing a lot of custom scripts to get what we want, then we don't have the
resources for that....