nanog mailing list archives

Re: FreeAxez raised flooring?

From: Tim Durack <tdurack () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 22:59:18 -0500

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:21 PM, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:
I poked through AFCO's drawings at
http://www.afcosystems.com/pdf/AFCO_Drawings.pdf, How much of a size
hit is typical? Do you take the depth out to 52" to create enough
space in front of the equipment for air to flow and take the 6-inch
hit to the side for the cabling sidecar?

EHD racks with 6" sidecars, one on each side, as we have significant
cabling density to handle. Rack frame is 48" deep.

What's the impact with respect to sharing the facility with non-AFCO
cabinets? I would imagine that with a bunch of these things
dynamically changing their air flow it would be hard to maintain a
static pressure under the floor.

No impact - it's all the same racks :-)

Airflow under the floor has not been an issue. It's not much different
than moving perf tiles around periodically.

--
Tim:>