nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for comments

From: Mark Smith <nanog () 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc nosense org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 13:43:25 +0930

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:18:39 +0100
Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org> wrote:

On 23/07/2010 01:17, Mark Smith wrote:
Does this qualify? What the customer sees is delivered over IPv6,
unlike the CPE management problem, where the ISP is the "IPv6 customer".

"IPv6: The Future of IPTV? In Japan it isn't the future, it's now."
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3795086/IPv6-The-Future-of-IPTV.htm

I understand that there are several networks doing this; the STB - like the
CPE modem - is managed by the service provider and the customer has no
management / control access over it.  The customer stays on ipv4 for their
regular access product.

Someone offline pointed me at the Google IPv6 Implementors 2010 conference,
at which:

https://sites.google.com/site/ipv6implementors/2010/agenda/13_Byrne_T-Mobile_IPv6GoogleMeeting.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

This is genuinely interesting.

Certainly is. I've generally classified mobile operators as people who
are heavily on the side of walled gardens. It's refreshing to see one
advocating e2e and global reachability.

Nick