nanog mailing list archives

Re: SORBS on autopilot?

From: Michelle Sullivan <matthew () sorbs net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:08:37 +0100

Leo Bicknell wrote:
So, let me see if I got this right:

1) Network reports 1.2.3.0/24 has no dynamic IP addresses in it.

Networks don't report anything, people do, and in the majority of cases not the network owner (where network owner = person listed in the RIR as the POC)

2) SORBS robot reponds with "you must change your rDNS."

... or respond to indicate why you think the robot is wrong...
3) Profit?

What profit?
What your telling me is the SORBS list of "dynamic IP's" is in fact
not a list of dynamic IP's.  Rather it is the "SORBS list of things
that have DNS names that look like dynamic IP's".

No, it's much more. Delisting requests are processed in the initial instance by a robot to save wasting valuable human time as we have received several 1000 messages a day from dynamic users demanding delisting. The robot leaves us with 50-100 messages a day to process manually (for the DUHL only.)

Michelle