nanog mailing list archives

Re: Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

From: Richard Barnes <richard.barnes () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:24:15 -0500

Dude, think to the future -- /128s!

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Hank Nussbacher <hank () efes iucc ac il> wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Dorn Hetzel wrote:

I am sure the various carriers faced with the onset of Local Number
Portability and WLNP in this part of the world would have been happy to
escape with only forwarding phone calls for 3 months.

Alas, such was not their fate :)

I would watch out for this idea, it might actually catch on in various
places, warts and all...

Can IP number portability be far behind?  You think your routing tables are
big now?!  Wait till you are mandated to carry /32s for IP number
portability :-)

-Hank