nanog mailing list archives

Re: Blocking International DNS

From: Leen Besselink <leen () consolejunkie net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 01:26:51 +0100

On 12/01/2010 10:41 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
the more i think about this, the more i am inclined to consider a second
trusted root not (easily) attackable by the usg, who owns the root now,
or the acta vigilantes.  as dissent becomes less tolerated, let alone
supported, we may want to attempt to ensure it in our deployments.

randy

Before we do this, I do have some other questions:

Wasn't this exactly why people suggested ICANN should just move to
Switzerland and become an independent international organization ? Would
this still be possibility ?

An other question, how much does ICANN really have to say about the
content of the root ? Isn't their a long process to get something in/out
of the root and isn't it the root operators that decide to actually
deploy the zone ?