nanog mailing list archives

Re: Good MPLS/VPLS book?

From: Dan Snyder <sliplever () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:49:46 -0500

On Dec 23, 2010, at 5:49 PM, Michael Helmeste <mhelmest () uvic ca> wrote:

 Does anyone have a favorite book or resource discussing MPLS and all associated Lego blocks (e.g. LDP, TE, VPLS,
martini, mBGP et. al.)?

 I understand the basics of what MPLS is and how you create a circuit from
A to B but I'm afraid it still escapes me when trying to figure out how someone would, say, create a multicast
capable VPN with 5 edge points.

 Any pointers to a good way to reduce my level of ignorance on this subject would be appreciated. Vendor literature
doesn't bother me as long as the concepts are there.

 Regards,
   Michael H.

Designing and Implementing IP/MPLS-Based Ethernet Layer 2 VPN Services: An Advanced Guide for VPLS and VLL (Paperback)
Zhuo Xu

I thought was pretty good.