nanog mailing list archives

Good MPLS/VPLS book?

From: Michael Helmeste <mhelmest () uvic ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:49:22 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone have a favorite book or resource discussing MPLS and all associated Lego blocks (e.g. LDP, TE, VPLS, martini, mBGP et. al.)?

  I understand the basics of what MPLS is and how you create a circuit from
A to B but I'm afraid it still escapes me when trying to figure out how someone would, say, create a multicast capable VPN with 5 edge points.

Any pointers to a good way to reduce my level of ignorance on this subject would be appreciated. Vendor literature doesn't bother me as long as the concepts are there.

  Regards,
    Michael H.