nanog mailing list archives

Re: end-user ipv6 deployment and concerns about privacy

From: "David W. Hankins" <David_Hankins () isc org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:42:39 -0700

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 04:41:56PM -0500, Jack Bates wrote:
prefixes to the unnumbered interface. If you use dslam level controls,
you'll most likely being using DHCPv6 TA addressing with PD on top of it,
which works well. Most of which can support quick static/dynamic
capabilities as it does with v4.

This is surprising to me, can you comment on why DHCPv6 TA is being
used in this scenario?

--
David W. Hankins        BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer               There just aren't enough in our heads.