nanog mailing list archives

Re: interop show network (was: legacy /8)

From: Mark Smith <nanog () 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc nosense org>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 00:22:46 +0930

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:12:48 -0400 (EDT)
Brandon Ross <bross () pobox com> wrote:

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Eliot Lear wrote:

If v6 is even close to ready, wouldn't it be sad that this sort of
testing isn't done at interop?  Or is it just sad that v6 isn't so close
to being ready?  Or is it both?

The suggestion was to run a "v6 only network".  Does anyone on the NANOG
list believe that v6 is at all ready to be run without any v4
underpinnings and provide a real service to a customer base?

I do. (And no, I'm not fantasising, my day work is involving working on
productising it, and mostly that's involving supplementary things, not
the essentials of a providing an IPv6 capable service).

--
Brandon Ross