nanog mailing list archives

Re: interop show network (was: legacy /8)

From: Eliot Lear <lear () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:09:25 +0200

 On 4/5/10 6:02 AM, Brandon Ross wrote:
Seriously? You do realize that the InteropNet actually has to provide a real service to the exhibitors and attendees of the show, right? This year's network will support v6, but a v6-only network is just not a practical way to supply real network connectivity to customers, yet.

<WHINY-OLDER-THAN-I-AM>

I remember the days of Ron Natalie running around with a cherry picker in San Jose, and the whole point of the network being to test interoperability, so that things would and did break (and then we fixed them). If v6 is even close to ready, wouldn't it be sad that this sort of testing isn't done at interop? Or is it just sad that v6 isn't so close to being ready? Or is it both?

</WHINY-OLDER-THAN-I-AM>