nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Deployment for the LAN

From: sthaug () nethelp no
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:59:52 +0200 (CEST)

    I point you to a fairly common Internet architecture artifact,
    the exchange point...  dozens of routers sharing a common
    media for peering exchange.

Bill, could you explain how or why ra or dhcp or dhcpv6 have any relevance
to an IXP?  Being one of these "artefact" operators - and clearly stuck
with a very small dinosaur brain - I am having some trouble understanding
the point you're attempting to make here.

IPv6 ND is relevant, obviously. RA, DHCP or DHCPv6 are not relevant here.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug () nethelp no