nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP customer assignments

From: Tim Durack <tdurack () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 21:01:56 -0400

Is someone not making sensible use of their IPv6 allocation?
Another one of the goals is to enable organization (and the Internet, prior
to PI space) to be far more aggregatable.
Real example: Instead of one enterprise network having 31 dis-contiguous
IPv4 /16s they could get one (large) IPv6 allocation.
... With room to grow and still aggregate.

PI space changes that conversation on the DFZ side back to a bit of a swamp
until we get that fixed in one fashion or another ...
/TJ

You sure you got the target right? When I look at the the last CIDR
report, top-30 would give a 70% improvement in DFZ. Guess how many end
users with PI are in that top 30?

Tim:>