nanog mailing list archives

Re: about interdomain multipath routing.

From: Matthew Petach <mpetach () netflight com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 19:50:32 -0800

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Bin Dai <bin.danieldai () gmail com> wrote:
Hi:
These days, in the research, the interdomain multipath routing is pretty hot
but i doubt its actually use in reality.
Does anyone tell me any use of interdomain multipath routing like multipath
BGP in the real world?

I've outlawed the use of multihop eBGP for load-sharing here; when we get
multiple links off the same router to a peer or upstream, they are configured
with multipath.  We've got hundreds of BGP sessions across the network
configured with multipath on them.

Matt

Best,
Daniel