nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Confusion

From: Ralph Droms <rdroms () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:41:49 -0500

Independent of this conversation, there has been some parallel interest in this problem area in the IETF. There is enough interest to suggest writing a draft defining additional options for DHCPv6 to allow "DHCPv6-only" operation.

I'm writing as chair of the dhc WG to ask you, the operators who are asking for these extensions to DHCPv6, to provide clear technical requirements. What problem are you trying to solve and how do you want to solve it?

Reply directly to me - no need for further congestion on this mailing list - and we can discuss those requirements. The deadline for draft publication prior to the upcoming IETF meeting in SF is March 3, so please respond soon.

Thanks in advance...

- Ralph