nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Confusion

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:41:08 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Adrian Chadd wrote:

Oh, so you want the $50 almost-but-not-quite-functional CPE device which causes headaches for you and your techies, complete with almost-but-not-quite "upgrade" firmware updates which somewhat-wierdly subtly break existing functionality for a small-but-statistically-annoying portion of your userbase.
Gotcha!

For my USD30 a month 24 megabit ADSL2 residential broadband service, yes, you got it right, apart from that the cost should probably be more in the USD20-30 range. But at this point in the development cycle, I was more expecting this functionality in the USD100+ high-end consumer NAT/wifi-gateways.

For the corporate offering with managed service, no, I do want something better there.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se