nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Confusion

From: Brandon Galbraith <brandon.galbraith () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 20:27:44 -0600

On 2/17/09, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:

I find it a shame that NAT-PT has become depreciated

the ietf has recanted and is hurriedly trying to get this back on
track.  of course, to save face, the name has to be changed.

with people talking about carrier grade NATS I think combining
these with NAT-PT could help with the transition

cgn is not a transition tool.  it is a dangerous hack to deal with
the problems of a few very large consumer isps who lack sufficient
space to number their customer edge.

randy

Sounds like those consumer ISPs better get started on rolling out dual
stacks to the CPE.

-brandon

--
Brandon Galbraith