nanog mailing list archives

Re: 97.128.0.0/9 allocation to verizon wireless

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 10:19:10 -0500

Exactly.

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Joel Jaeggli <joelja () bogus com> wrote:

Eliot Lear wrote:
On 2/8/09 3:24 AM, Jeff S Wheeler wrote:
Sure, smart phones are becoming more popular.  It's reasonable to assume
that virtually all cell phones will eventually have an IP address almost
all the time.

The numbers I keep seeing for so-called "smartphones" in the press for
U.S. and Europe are 49% and 50% within two years, respectively.  Here's
an article you might find interesting about the U.S. domestic market,
and it may help you calculate what sort of growth rate we can expect in
the future, when combined with both of the above numbers.  Put another
way, the news is bad, but there is a cap on growth.

We live in rather sad times if, subscriber, arpu and internet usage
growth is considered bad news.

http://albuquerque.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2008/09/29/story10.html

Eliot