nanog mailing list archives

Re: news from Google

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:28:10 -0500

On Dec 21, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Corey Travioli wrote:

Another one from the "Evil Doer"
http://www.google.com/advertising/holiday2009/
Wish the guys from Redmond and others copy this action too ...

So what they are saying is because we as individuals are too cheep
to give to charity they are giving in our stead to shame us.  Yup, that is
evil.

I know it's off-topic, but I'm impressed with the idea that a public corporation can spend 8 figures on something that
has essentially $0 ROI and multiple people here can find bad things about it.

I'm shocked someone didn't say "but that's only 0.0000$WHATEVER percent of their profit!".

Google does many things which can be argued as evil, or not, but I would say this is very much not one of them.

--
TTFN,
patrick