nanog mailing list archives

Re: news from Google

From: Bret Clark <bclark () spectraaccess com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:44:16 -0500

Scott Howard wrote:
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick () ianai net>wrote:

CSR isnt $0 ROI. Unless they're doing it wrong.
I said essentially.  If you think they're making even 1% of $20M, one of us
confused.  I'll admit I do not do marketing, so maybe it's me.

The tax write-off alone is going to be significantly more than 1%...

  Scott
Bingo! We have a winner.

Having been a executive at several "for profit" large companies in the past, at the end of the day anything that we did for charity was always justified by the "what do we get out of it?" question. If we couldn't answer that question we moved on to the next charity.

Bret